Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fruit Kissed Oatmeal



Have I mentioned I love oatmeal? I didn't use to. I used to only like oatmeal with a fair amount of brown sugar and nothing else. After reading Eat To Live, and then Super Immunity by Dr. Furhman, I cut out the brown sugar and started experimenting with new oatmeal recipes that were easy enough for me to put together each morning. Now I enjoy my oatmeal more than I ever did with plain old brown sugar.

This Fruit Kissed Oatmeal is a delight and will keep you satisfied until lunchtime. Enjoy!

Fruit Kissed Oatmeal

 Serves 1

Ingredients:

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup almond milk
1 date, chopped
1/2 banana, sliced
1/2 chopped apple
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 Tbs chopped walnuts

Instructions:

In a small pot, combine all ingredients except the blueberries and chopped walnuts. Simmer covered for about 5 minutes. Stir in the blueberries and cover for 2-3 minutes before serving. Top with the chopped walnuts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment