Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Quick Banana Berry Oatmeal



This is the oatmeal we probably eat the most often, because it's quick to throw together and it tastes incredible. Recipe from www.drfuhman.com. Not to mention it's full of superfoods, such as the blueberries, pomegranate juice, walnuts and sunflower seeds. On work days, I put all the ingredients together in one of my glass containers with a lid, microwave once I get to work, and enjoy.

Quick Banana Berry Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1 banana, sliced
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/6 cup pomegranate juice (or half of 1/3 cup)
1/2 to 1 Tbs chopped walnuts
1/2 Tbs sunflower seeds
1 medjool date, chopped

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients in microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes.
You could also just cook in all on the stove top if you prefer, but I actually like the way it tastes better when I microwave it, it kinda caramelizes the bananas in a very good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment