* Not all chocolate chips are vegan or dairy free, they often add milk fat. Trader Joes chocolate chips happen to be vegan, and so are Ghiradelli semi sweet.
1-1/4 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, ground into flour
3/4 cup dry millet, ground into flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground dry ginger
1 cup organic sugar
1 cup non-dairy milk
1-3/4 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup grated apple
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly oil two loaf pans.
1. Grind the oats and millet into a flour using your blender (high powered works best) and place into a large bowl. Add the soda, powder, and spices. Mix together well.
2. In another bowl, add the organic sugar, non-dairy milk, zucchini, apple, vanilla, walnuts and chocolate chips. Mix well.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Divide evenly between the two loaf pans.
4. Baked uncovered in the middle rack of the oven for 40-45 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean, it's probably done. The top of the loaf will be a golden brown. Cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.